Currently available funding
Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered
The FO is the Bodossaki Foundation (BF), in consortium with Allileggie SolidarityNow (SN).
The programme shall support the objective “Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered” through 6 open calls, including 6 calls for micro-grants, 6 calls for medium projects, 5 calls for large projects; an ongoing call for bilateral initiatives; and two pre-defined projects, one of which shall be implemented by the FO. These programme modalities are detailed further below and in section 4 of this Annex.
The programme shall cover the following five areas of support:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups
- Gender equality and gender-based violence
- Environment and climate change
The programme shall address the country-specific concerns:
Strengthen the capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector shall be ensured through the following actions:
- an allocation of at least 15% of the total re-granting amount towards strengthening the capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector. More specifically, all projects under the first four outcomes (except those funded through micro-grants) will allocate up to 15% of the total budget to CB activities, in the form of implementing an organisational sustainability strategy and an open call linked to outcome 5 will be announced in order to strengthen the capacity of CSOs and CSO networks and coalitions.
- a pre-defined project (PDP 2) entitled “Active Citizens Economy” which seeks to improve the policy and institutional environment for civil society
- targeted capacity building for civil society sector partnerships and platforms, as well as for advocacy and fostering cooperation between CSOs and policy-setting bodies.
Improve outreach to under-served geographic areas and target groups shall be ensured through extensive outreach and support to project applicants and promoters in rural areas and the islands; a pre-defined project (PDP 1, Empower YOUth) targeting vulnerable and disadvantaged youth; and micro grants to reach small, rural and minority CSOs.
Empowerment and inclusion of vulnerable groups, including Roma shall be ensured through allocating approximately 25% of re-granting funds to the outcome on empowering vulnerable groups including Roma; a pre-defined project aiming to enable vulnerable and disadvantaged youth including Roma to become leaders in their communities; disaggregation by Roma across all relevant outcomes and outputs; and Roma inclusion as a topic for cooperation with other ACF FOs under Regional Civil Society Initiatives.
Asylum-seekers and migrants, particularly unaccompanied minors and other vulnerable groups, shall be target groups of the programme, particularly under the outcomes on human rights, and empowering vulnerable groups. Protection of human rights and empowerment of vulnerable groups with a focus on unaccompanied minors is identified among the priority topics for bilateral cooperation.
Programme re-granting funds shall be provided through five outcomes:
- Outcome 1 “Increased citizen participation in civic activities”, shall be reached through one open call offering micro grants, medium grants and large grants, the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1;
- Outcome 2 “Strengthened civil society advocacy and watchdog role” shall be reached through one open call offering micro grants, medium grants and large grants and one pre-defined project (PDP 2), the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1;
- Outcome 3 “Increased support for human rights” shall be reached through two open calls offering micro grants, medium grants and large grants the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1;
- Outcome 4 “Vulnerable groups empowered” shall be reached through one open call offering micro grants, medium grants and large grants and one pre-defined project (PDP 1), the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1;
- Outcome 5 “Enhanced capacity and sustainability of civil society” shall be reached through one open call offering micro grants and medium grants and through all the above 5 calls, the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1
Pre-defined project ‘Empower YOU(th)’ (PDP 1) shall contribute to outcome 4 (vulnerable groups empowered) and to the programme area specific on youth inclusion. It shall address the lack of opportunities for young people from vulnerable and marginalized populations to engage constructively with their communities, by providing around 34 young people and youth at risk (particularly from refugee and Roma communities) with training in leadership, presentation, proposal writing and project management, as well as opportunities to formulate and implement small-scale initiatives in their communities. The specifics of this project are stipulated in section 4.4.
Pre-defined project ‘Active Citizens’ Economy’ (PDP 2) shall contribute to outcome 2 (strengthened civil society watchdog and advocacy role) and to the country-specific concern on strengthening the capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector. It shall address the unsupportive institutional and policy environment for civil society in Greece, by providing an evidence base for the sector to advocate and communicate to decision-makers and the public regarding its contribution and impact. The nation-wide study will measure the contribution of civil society to the country’s GDP and job creation, the economic value of volunteering, and the economic impact of civil society on local communities. The specifics of this project are stipulated in section 4.4.
Information on the projects funded by the EEA and Norway Grants is provided by the Programme and Fund Operators in the Beneficiary States, who are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of this information.