We offer a competitive benefit package and ensure equal opportunities and conditions for all staff, which is outlined in our gender equality policy. Our values are professionalism; cooperation; and trust, responsibility and respect.
Administratively, the FMO is a part of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
(Senior) Sector Officer - Justice and Home Affairs
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to take on the post of (Senior) Sector Officer- Justice and Home Affairs in the FMO’s Priority Sector Unit.
The (Senior) Sector Officer is expected to perform tasks as programme manager on several of the Justice and Home Affairs programmes, including:
• Provide advice to FMO management on her/his areas of responsibility;
• Oversee programme development and implementation;
• Ensure the fulfilment of the administrative tasks in relation to programme management;
• Use FMO information management systems for tracking and reporting on programme progress and results;
• Maintain overview and assess relevant developments in her/his sector in Donor States, the Beneficiary States and at the EU level and further develop her/his sector expertise;
• Facilitate contacts, close dialogue and cooperation between Donor and Beneficiary States;
• Report to the Head of the Priority Sectors Unit.
The position involves travel.
This position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and to nationals of the EU member States.
Deadline for submission of application: 6 October 2019.
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Please visit the EFTA job opportunities website to read the full announcement and further information about the job requirements and how to apply.
The FMO offers 12-month long traineeships for graduates wanting to learn more about grants management, with the starting date of 1 September each year. With approximately 18 European nationalities represented in the FMO, the selected trainees take part in an international working environment in the capital of Europe.
The traineeships are paid, and the FMO provides the trainees with accommodation. The traineeships are open to EU and EFTA nationals over the age of 21. The traineeship position are advertised in Feburary/March each year.
The 2019-2020 traineeship programme has closed for applications. Applications for the traineeship 2020/21 will open early 2020.