On 13 October 2016 Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway signed new cooperation agreements with Romania on new programmes under the EEA and Norway Grants 2014-2021.
Areas of support
- Fighting poverty and improving living conditions for the Roma population.
- Strengthening the business and innovation sector with a focus on green industry development, blue growth and ICT.
- Supporting improvement of correctional services and strengthening the rule of law.
- Increasing the generation of energy from renewable sources and the reduction of CO₂ emissions.
- Continuing the strong support to strengthen civil society.
Programmes in Romania under the EEA and Norway Grants 2014-2021
Active Citizens Fund€ 46.00 M
Bilateral Fund€ 10.50 M
Business Development, Innovation and SMEs€ 45.00 M
Cultural Entrepreneurship, Cultural Heritage and Cultural Exchange€ 24.70 M
Education, Scholarships, Apprenticeships and Youth Entrepreneurship€ 12.00 M
Environment, Climate Change Adaptation and Ecosystems€ 20.00 M
European Public Health Challenges€ 40.00 M
Home Affairs€ 24.00 M
Justice€ 45.00 M
Local Development and Poverty Reduction, Enhanced Roma Inclusion€ 70.00 M
Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Energy Security€ 62.80 M
Research€ 40.00 M
Social Dialogue - Decent Work€ 2.20 M
Currently available funding
Are you interested in partnership opportunities in Romania? Project partnerships between entities in Romania and in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are encouraged.