The event aimed at facilitating networking, potential collaboration and more partnerships between organisations in Norway and Iceland and potential Romanian project promoters working in similar fields (or complementary fields). Over the event’s two days, over 40 participants got to know each other, learn about the Active Citizens Fund Romania, as well as discuss and develop new project ideas that could potentially lead to funding under the Active Citizens Fund Romania’s upcoming calls.
Many participants expressed their optimism about the partnerships and shared their enthusiasm and engagement towards the new Active Citizens Fund Romania Programme. The new programme will be implemented in the next five years and will include 11 Calls for proposals that are set to launch starting this autumn - in six different areas of support:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups
- Gender equality and gender-based violence
- Environment and climate change
- Capacity building for NGOs
One of the strategic targets of the Fund for Bilateral Relations is to support donor states entities in getting involved in projects. This event served as a starting point for an easier, more meaningful and sustainable collaboration between donor states’ entities and Romanian NGOs during all the different stages of the Programme.