Catch Icelandic and Norwegian cinematic treasures at the New Horizons International Film Festival in Wroclaw during 25 July - 4 August.
The New Horizons International Film Festival is one of the largest film festivals in central Europe, drawing over 100 thousand viewers to Wroclaw each year. The EEA and Norway Grants are one of the main partners of the festival and support the Oslo / Reykjavik section at the festival which showcases films from Iceland and Norway. This second edition of the Oslo / Reykjavik section will be opened on Thursday 25 July with a screening of A White, White Day by Hlynur Pálmason.
The following films will be screened during the festival:
- A White, White Day by Hlynur Pálmason
- Awards: Cannes IFF 2019 – Louis Roederer Foundation Rising Star Award; Transylvania IFF 2019 – Best Actor
- Du by Paul Tunge
- Rams by Grímur Hákonarson
- Awards: Cannes IFF 2015 – Un Certain Regard Award, Camerimage 2015 – Silver Frog; Ljubljana IFF 2015 – Best Film; Thessaloniki FF 2015 – Golden Alexander; Transilvania IFF 2015 – Audience Award, Special Jury Award
- Spell by Brendan Walter
- Awards: Woodstock FF 2018 – Haskell Wexler Award, Best Cinematography
- The Seer and the Unseen by Sara Dosa
- Awards: San Francisco IFF 2019 – Golden Gate Award
- Where man returns by Egil Håskjold Larsen
- Woman at War by Benedikt Erlingsson
- Awards: Haifa IFF 2018 – Special Mention; Hamburg FF 2018 – Art Cinema Award for Best Feature; Ljubljana IFF 2018 – Best Film; Montréal Festival of New Cinema 2018 – Best Actress, Nordic Council’s Film Prize; Portland IFF 2019 – Audience Award; Seville European FF 2018 – Audience Award; Tromsø IFF 2019 – Audience Award; Valladolid IFF 2018 – Best Actress