Currently available funding
Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered
The FO is Foundation in Support of Local Democracy (FSLD), in partnership with the Information Society Development Foundation (ISDF) and Education for Democracy Foundation (EDF).
The programme shall support the objective “Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered” through two open calls for proposals, with separate tracks for large and small grants, an ongoing open call for proposals (quick response fund), and three pre-defined projects. These programme modalities are detailed further below and in section 4 of this Annex.
The programme shall cover the following five areas of support:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups
- Gender equality and gender-based violence
- Environment and climate change
The programme shall address the country-specific concerns:
Strengthen the capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector outside the capital city of Warsaw.
- Project promoters under Outcomes 1-3 are offered an additional amount of up to 15% of the project grant to develop their organizational capacity, enhance outreach and increase sustainability.
- A pre-defined project under Outcome 4 will support activities strengthening regional and local civil society organisations outside the capital city of Warsaw.
- Six thematic areas are given special priority in the open calls. “Special focus projects” in these areas will receive additional assistance and mentoring. ‘Special focus projects’ shall be prioritized in the project selection, through additional points in the evaluation and quotas. They are defined as: Outcome 1: Projects aiming at supporting execution and compliance of human rights in the case of (i) groups of migrants & refugees, (ii) LGBT+ groups, (iii) manifestations of discrimination; Outcome 2: Projects counteracting domestic violence; Outcome 3: Projects strengthening democratic culture and civic participation in the case of: (i) watchdogs, (ii) public participation in policy making
- 23% of the total re-granting amount is allocated to Outcome 2 “Vulnerable groups empowered”.
- Regional allocations shall ensure an equal distribution of funds between regions. Up to 15 % of the re-granting amount can be re-allocated to another region.
- Tracks for small and large grants in Call 1 and 2 shall ensure the accessibility of funds to smaller CSOs.
- Four of the six ‘special focus projects’ address the needs of under-served target groups.
- Special assistance is given to project applicants and promoters in under-served areas and target groups.
All five areas of support shall be addressed.
All five areas of support are addressed.
Focus on supporting initiatives/measures with impact outside the capital city of Warsaw.
- All supported projects shall be implemented outside the capital city of Warsaw.
- Calls are organized and promoted with the assistance of up to eight regional information & project support centres
Programme re-granting funds shall be provided through four outcomes:
- Outcome 1 “Increased support for human rights” shall be reached through two open calls offering small and large grants and an ongoing open call, the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1;
- Outcome 2 “Vulnerable groups are empowered” shall be reached through two open calls offering small and large grants and an ongoing open call, the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1.;
- Outcome 3 “Strengthened democratic culture and civic awareness” shall be reached through two open calls offering small and large grants, an ongoing open call and two pre-defined projects, the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1.;
- Outcome 4 “Enhanced capacity and sustainability of civil society” shall be reached through two open calls offering small and large grants and a pre-defined project, the specific details of which are specified in section 4.1.
There shall be two Funds operated by the FMO under this programme, one national and one regional. The national fund shall amount to €30,000,000 and the regional fund shall amount to €23,000,000