The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) is the secretariat of the EEA Grants and Norway Grants, and is affiliated to the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Brussels.
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to take on the post of Administrative Coordinator in the Administration and HR Unit in the Department of Compliance and Administration of the FMO.
The overall objectives of the Grants are to reduce economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area (EEA) and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the 15 Beneficiary States (Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
The Grants are based on a programme model where the Beneficiary States are responsible for the programmes and for projects implemented under the programmes. Some programmes and funds, notably regarding civil society, regional cooperation and decent work and a small number of energy and innovation programmes, are under the responsibility of the FMO.
The allocation for the funding period (2014-2021) totals €2.8 billion. The priority sectors in this period are:
• Innovation, Research, Education and Competitiveness;
• Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction;
• Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy;
• Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance and Fundamental Rights and Freedoms;
• Justice and Home Affairs.
The FMO offers an international, stimulating and diverse workplace, with a current staff of over 60 employees comprising about 20 nationalities. Our values are:
• Cooperation; and
• Trust, responsibility and respect.
For more information please check our website at: www.eeagrants.org.
The position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and nationals of the member states of the European Union.
The Administration and HR Unit is providing services to the FMO staff to ensure that they have all conditions for engaging and fulfilling work. The unit's work is in a wide range of areas (HR, employee communication, information and knowledge management, learning & development, office management, contracts & invoices). This requires from the team members a great flexibility, ability to work in various areas, willingness to learn quickly new things, be at ease with IT and modern office technology. Moreover, it is important to be service minded and client oriented with excellent communication skills.
The Administrative Coordinator is reporting directly to the Head of Unit but is expected to be closely working with all people in the FMO, other team members on cross-cutting projects, as well as serving as a back-up for each other.
Tasks of the Administration and HR Unit
The recruited candidate will be allocated some of the responsibilities based on their experience and profile as well as the needs of the service.
The Unit handles a range of administrative support tasks. In particular, this includes:
• Handle FMO contracts and invoices;
• Manage office and building facilities, contacts with service providers and suppliers;
• Handle office health and safety issues e.g. fire marshals, 1st aiders;
• Register and retrieve records and documents from FMO’s information systems;
• Keep up-to-date the FMO administrative database and mailing lists;
• Cooperate closely with the respective services of the EFTA Secretariat and the EFTA Surveillance Authority (other tenants of the office building) on e.g. financial, administrative, logistics, facilities and health and safety issues as needed.
Human Resources Management
In line with the FMO HR Strategy the Unit supports the FMO in areas such as e.g. work environment and culture, learning and development, recruitment, and knowledge and information sharing. In particular, this includes:
• Maintain HR related information up to date;
• Handle statistical HR data and prepare periodic reports for FMO management;
• Organise trainings and/or events for FMO staff and provide on-site and on-line support for logistical arrangements.
In line with the FMO Employee Communication Strategy the Unit organises events and activities, provides information to staff and maintain the FMO internal communication platforms. In particular, this includes:
• Write, proofread and edit content such as FMO internal news articles, newsletters, reports, presentations;
• Manage the FMO Intranet & SharePoint Site pages and other FMO internal communication platforms.
The successful applicant must be willing to take on other tasks as required.
Professional training in the related field(s) certified by a diploma or a certificate is required.
At least 3 years of relevant experience in at least one of the listed areas. Experience in more than one area of responsibility listed above would be a plus. Work experience in an international organisation would be an asset.
• Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and an eye for detail;
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, including a dynamic, flexible and positive attitude and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to prioritise tasks, conflicting demands and find pragmatic solutions;
• Positive, proactive and service-minded attitude;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Self-reliance and autonomy; sense of initiative and team spirit;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion;
• A quick learner who is a driver of continuous improvement of processes;
• Comprehensive IT skills, including proficiency in SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, Office365 applications and Microsoft Office.
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (the working language of the FMO) and fluency in French and/or Dutch is a requirement.
Annual starting salary: EUR 49,371.96
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the grade. The Director of the FMO reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised.
FMO is an employer dedicated to the principles of diversity and equal opportunities. We select our staff without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, religion, colour, culture, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, pregnancy or family responsibilities.
We offer a very interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and diverse environment and the opportunity to work in a team of highly qualified people. Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States and, as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
For further information about this position or about the recruitment process please contact: Ms Vera Medinskaya, Head of Administration and HR Unit, email@example.com, tel. +32 2 211 18 60.
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for submission of application: 22 May 2022.
Please note that the interviews will take place in June 2022.
Starting date: as soon as possible.