EEA and Norway Grants 2004-2009: Mid-term evaluation
Mid-term evaluation of the 2004-2009 funding period of the EEA and Norway Grants. The evaluation was conducted by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation and was published in August 2008.
- The grants have been welcomed very enthusiastically by the beneficiaries and the demonstrated in-country demand is high.
- Despite some successes, there are considerable inefficiencies in implementation, which have led to significant delays.
- Objectives at program level are vaguely defined and are not supported by indicators and targets.
- According to the report, funds and programmes appear to be most successful. They have a programmatic approach, clear prioritisation, objectives and targets.
- Timely accomplishment of disbursement targets is at risk due to delays in initial implementation.