Key information about the programme
- The programme is operated by: Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP)
- The Donor Programme Partner is: Innovation Norway
- The programme’s objective is: Increased value creation and sustainable growth in the areas Green Industry Innovation, Blue Growth and Welfare Technology, and for female entrepreneurs
- The programme funding amounts to € 85 million and is funded through the Norwegian Grants
Why is the programme needed?
The objective of the Business Development, Innovation and SMEs programme is increased value creation and sustainable growth in Poland’s private sector. It will contribute to increased competitiveness in Polish private enterprises by supporting more innovation in products, technologies, services and processes. The programme encourages companies to develop and commercialize innovative technologies, processes and solutions and to implement sustainable production processes. In addition, the programme will strengthen competences, capacity building and awareness raising in Poland’s business communities on issues related to business development, female entrepreneurship, green industry innovation and blue growth. Welfare technology and ambient assisted living are two areas with high business and high innovation potential. The two above mentioned areas will be combined in one component providing the opportunity to develop practical tools to enable and empower an improved quality of life for groups in need.
Furthermore, the programme aims to stimulate and develop long-term business cooperation between Poland and Norway through projects with bilateral cooperation.
What will the programme achieve and who are the beneficiaries?
The programme will apply a bottom-up approach and address the identified needs and challenges of the business sector, by supporting enterprises whose project ideas are selected through open calls. Projects proposed within the following four focus areas will be eligible for funds: Green Industry Innovation, Blue Growth, Welfare Technology and Female entrepreneurship.
The programme will contribute to increased value creation and sustainable growth. It will strengthen the competitiveness of enterprises within the focus areas of Green Industry Innovation, Blue Growth and Welfare Technology as well as enhanced collaboration between beneficiary and donor state entities. The programme is expected to stimulate entrepreneurship and business development in Poland through innovation. The programme will improve productivity and innovation activity as well as stimulate job creation and a lower environmental footprint. Areas of support consist of innovative technologies, processes and services, sustainable business development, greening of existing businesses and processes, as well as development and implementation of innovative products and services. The programme is targeted at private business’ innovation projects. Priority will be given to bilateral partnerships.
Green Industry Innovation, Blue growth, Female entrepreneurship and Welfare Technology have been selected as focus areas for this programme. The selection of focus areas is based on stakeholders’ input, market needs and findings of a potential for development and innovation in private enterprises.
Thanks to this programme, we expect that:
- 60 innovative products/processes/services will be developed
- 185 innovative technologies/processes/solutions will be applied
- 50 innovative products/processes/services will be commercialized
- 115 female enterprises will be supported under the small grants scheme to develop, apply or commercialize innovative technologies/processes/solutions
- 255 jobs will be created
- 100,000 tons of CO2 will be reduced annually
- 135 MWh will be reduced from energy consumption annually
- 100,000 tons of waste from production and operational processes will be collected annually for re-use or recycling
How will the programme strengthen bilateral relations?
The programme contributes to strengthening bilateral relations between Poland and Norway. Donor project partnerships will be facilitated through matchmaking events and activities in conjunction with the launch of calls for proposals, as well as by encouraging donor partnership projects in call texts.
PARP, the Programme Operator, will support bilateral initiatives, such as networking, exchange, sharing and transfer of knowledge, experience and best practices in business.
Availability of funding through open calls
- Call for proposals no. 1 with the focus areas on Green Industry Innovation is open and closes on 31 March 2020
- Call for proposals no. 2 with the focus areas on Blue Growth is open and closes on 31 March 2020
- Call for proposals no. 3 with the focus areas in Welfare technology development is open and closes on 31 March 2020
- The Small Grants Schemes for female enterprises is open and closes on 31 March 2020
Download the full programme agreement for more detailed information about the programme.