Key information about the programme
- The programme is operated by: Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA)
- Donor programme partner: Innovation Norway.
- The programme’s objective is: Increased value creation and sustainable growth.
- The programme funding amounts to € 14 million and is entirely funded by the Norway Grants.
Why is the programme needed?
The objective of the Innovation, Business Development, and SMEs programme in Lithuania is to increase value creation and sustainable growth in Lithuanian private enterprises. SMEs play a significant role in the Lithuanian economy and the programme aims to support product and service innovations in Lithuanian SMEs and promote collaboration between SMEs and research institutions.
The programme will support areas such as innovative technologies, processes and services, sustainable business development, greening of existing businesses and processes, development and implementation of innovative products and services.
What will the programme achieve and who are the beneficiaries?
The programme will apply a bottom-up approach and address the identified needs and challenges of the business sector, by supporting enterprises whose project ideas are selected through open calls. Projects proposed within the following two focus areas will be eligible for funds: Green Industry Innovation, including bio economy, and ICT.
The programme will have a strong focus on innovation. This is an essential element for increasing efficiency, because the competitiveness of an enterprise depends on its capacity to stimulate innovation of products, services and processes. The programme will also support increased business development and soft skills.
The programme will contribute to:
Increased competitiveness of Lithuanian companies within the focus areas Green Industry Innovation, including bio economy, and ICT by funding diverse activities that will stimulate sustainable growth and improve economic performance of Lithuanian private enterprises in the programme specific areas. Activities will, inter alia, include:
- Development of innovative products or technologies that are close to market;
- Commercialisation of innovation activities
- Modernisation and strengthening of businesses through application of innovation that is available on the market (e.g. application of innovative technologies and solution new to the enterprise).
Thanks to this programme, we expect that:
- 35 new products/technologies will be developed
- 35 innovative products/technologies will be applied
- 5 new products/technologies will be commercialised
- 25,000 tons of CO2 emissions will be reduced annually
- 30,000 MWh will be reduced from energy consumption annually
- 100 jobs will be created
- 25 SMEs will receive business skills support (training, coaching, mentoring etc.)
- 5 business organisations/clusters will support Lithuanian private enterprises to increase their business knowledge
- 100 professionals will be trained
How will the programme strengthen bilateral relations?
The programme contributes to strengthening bilateral relations between Lithuania and Norway. Donor project partnerships will be facilitated through matchmaking events and activities in conjunction with the launch of calls for proposals, as well as by encouraging donor partnership projects in call texts.
Availability of funding through open calls
The funding in this programme will be made available through the following open calls:
- Call for proposals no.1 with focus areas: Green Industry Innovation and ICT will be launched in end 2019.
- Call for proposals no.2 with focus areas: Green Industry Innovation and ICT will be launched in March 2020.
- Small Grants Scheme no.1 with focus areas: Green Industry Innovation and ICT will be launched in November 2019.
- Small Grants Scheme no. 2 with focus areas: Green Industry Innovation and ICT will be launched in March 2020.
- Small Grants Scheme no.3 on business development/soft skills will be launched in September 2020.
Download the full programme agreement for more detailed information about the programme.
More information can also be found on the Programme Operator's website.