Key information about the programme
- The programme is operated by: Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Estonia.
- The Donor Programme Partner in this programme is: Innovation Norway (Norway).
- The programme’s objective is: Increase value creation and sustainable growth.
- The programme funding amounts to €23,000,000 (excluding co-financing) and is entirely funded by the Norway Grants.
Why is the programme needed?
The objective of the programme objective is increased value creation and sustainable growth in Estonia’s private sector. The programme encourages companies to implement sustainable production processes, product and services developments with a significant ICT component. The programme also aims to stimulate and develop innovation-led long-term business cooperation between Estonia and Norway through bilateral cooperation projects.
What will the programme achieve and who are the beneficiaries?
The Programme will apply a bottom-up approach and address the identified needs and challenges of the business sector by supporting enterprises whose project ideas are selected through open calls. Projects proposed within the following three focus areas will be eligible for funds: green industry innovation, ICT and welfare technology. The Programme will have a strong focus on innovation and ICT will be a horizontal element across the board.
Thanks to this programme:
- 25 innovative products/services/processes will be developed
- 15 innovative products/services/processes will be applied
- 100 jobs will be created
- 25,000 tons of CO2 will be reduced annually
How will the programme strengthen bilateral relations?
The Programme will contribute to strengthening bilateral relations between Estonia and Norway.
Knowledge exchange at programme level is facilitated through cooperation between the Programme Operator and the Donor Programme Partner Innovation Norway (Norway).
The Programme will as appropriate facilitate donor partnership projects by carrying out, inter alia, match-making events and activities in conjunction with launching calls for proposals, as well as by encouraging donor partnership projects in call texts.
Availability of funding through open calls
The funding in this programme will be made available through the following open calls:
- Call Nr.1: Increased competitiveness of Estonian companies within focus areas Green Industry Innovation, ICT and Welfare Technology, will open in January 2020.
- Small Grants Scheme: Increased competitiveness of Estonian companies within focus areas Green Industry Innovation, ICT and Welfare Technology was launched in the first quarter of 2019 and is now closed.
Download the full programme agreement for more detailed information about the programme. More information can also be found on the Programme Operator’s website.