The objective of the Project is to increase the effectiveness of education of students on the importance of the protection of the environment and related aspects of the climate change mitigation and adaptation and to reduce the ecological footprint of the school by the implementation of practical measures.
The raised awareness on climate change mitigation and adaptation among students will be achieved through the implementation of soft and hard measures including:
The project aims to increase awareness raising on climate change mitigation and adaptation among students through the implementation of soft and hard measures including:
- School environmental program update (revision of the environmental teaching programme),
- Creation of new educational activities (creation of educational materials on climate change and adaptation for students),
- Development of a methodological manual (creation of toolkit for teachers to educate students in the field of environmental protection including the aspects of climate change mitigation and adaptation),
- Reducing waste generation and its further use by improving classroom sorting (installation and use of sorting bins, monitoring of waste production, waste management of the school),
- Reduction of waste generation and its further use through vermicomposters,
- Creation of herb garden with rain water irrigation (construction of herb garden in the school campus, planting medicinal herbs),
- Saving energy using solar energy (installation of a photovoltaic system on the roof of the school building),
- Activities of teachers (testing of new education activities in practice).
The added value of the partnership with the NGO People in Need Slovakia is the participation of the Slovak Partner in the development of methodological guide toolkit for teachers to implement new activities with focus on integration of the climate change mitigation and adaptation into education process at school.