The Project is focused on raising the environmental awareness of high school students, primary school pupils and the general public in a small district town.
The main objective of the project is to raise awareness of mitigation and adaptation on climate change of target groups by focusing on theoretical education together with practical implementation.
The raising of environmental awareness shall be achieved by the elaboration of the school environmental program, together with updating the curricula of existing subjects. Within the framework of the material and organizational provision of teaching, worksheets on specific topics will be created.
In synergy with the mentioned soft measures, the following hard measures will be carried out:
- Creating leisure time activities in order to educate the students - planting of trees as a part of the leisure time activity together with the Partners,
- Building eco-pedagogical areas/training areas using natural and technical elements,
- Energy saving, supporting a suitable microclimate,
- Promoting biodiversity,
- Reducing waste generation and recovery,
- Water retention measures.
The cooperation with the 3 Slovak Partners is planned: Primary School of Jozef Cíger Hronský in the City of Krupina, the Urban Forest Company and the City of Krupina. This cooperation (lectures, brigades, workshops) will enable to involve a large number of people in activities to raise awareness and to adapt to climate change.