To promote balanced development of the Riga Planning Region (henceforth - RPR) with the aid of regional entrepreneurship support mechanisms
Project Promoter: Riga Planning Region, Latvia
Donor project partner: Vestland County Municipality, Norway
Total maximum eligible project cost: € 711,016
Project duration: 34 months (July, 2021 – April, 2024)
Project Target groups:
The most important target groups of the Project are the RPR, local governments, entrepreneurs, owners of new business ideas, non-governmental business organisations, local communities and young people.
Main Activities: A0.Project management and administration; A1.Strengthening the capacity of the entrepreneurship centre and local governments of the Riga Planning Region; A2.Promoting the RPR, strengthening its development and entrepreneurship; A3.Regional mentoring of youth for entrepreneurship; A4.Region specific activities to increase employment and competitiveness; A5.Project communication and publicity.
Planned project results:
● Supported businesses with increased operational capacity;
● strengthened capacity of the Entrepreneurship centre of RPR to support entrepreneurship;
● increased share of entrepreneurs satisfied with the services and support provided by local governments;
● professional staff trained in entrepreneurship promotion and inter-municipal cooperation;
● most local municipalities located in the region participate in capacity development initiatives aimed at strengthening entrepreneurship;
● individuals supported for local business development;
● new region specific solution to increase regional competitiveness and employment implemented