The project seeks to strengthen capacity of the national equality body in conducting educational and preventive activities in the field of counteracting hate speech, as well as mainstreaming equality and non-discrimination through employing the best practices, establishing cooperation and fostering mutual exchange with the partners from the Donor State. The project activities include a study visit to the Donor State, a large-scale public awareness raising campaigns, the National Equality and Diversity Awards and an international conference on providing services for victims of hate-motivated
Summary of the results
1. Study visit by the Lithuanian delegation to the Donor State concluded. 6 participants from Lithuania, 5 Norway institutions working in different fields related to hate speech and hate crimes were visited.
2. 2 national awareness-raising campaigns implemented:
"Hate speech is a crime" was implemented on 16 March - 16 April 2021. The campaign consisted of radio clips, TV commercials and outdoor advertising - posters published in major Lithuanian cities: Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Panevėžys and Alytus (https://nepyka.lt/en/hate-speech-is-a-crime/). 17 226 476 audience reached.
"Beyond fear, see a person" was implemented on 1-14 March 2022. During the campaign, outdoor advertising was carried out in 3 major Lithuanian cities (Vilnius, Kaunas and Klaipėda) and 6 smaller Lithuanian municipalities (Varėna, Jonava, Visaginas, Šakiai, Marijampole and Jurbarkas), 8 press releases and expert articles in the national press were published. 7 982 444 audience reached.
3. National Equality and Diversity Awards in 2022 organized. 401 participant.
4. International conference on providing services for victims of hate-motivated incidents within the framework of the National Human Rights Forum 2021 organized. 236 participants.
5. Consultations of specialists of Implementing Entity for victims of hate-motivated incidents provided.
6. Two representative surveys of the population on the undesirable phenomenon of hate speech were carried out (at the beginning and end of the initiative).