Polish scholarship fund launches call
A new scholarship and training fund in Poland, set up with support from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, is now open for grant applications from Polish students, researchers, and educational institutions.
The overarching aim of the €13.3 million grant scheme is to facilitate cooperation in the sphere of education between Poland and the EEA EFTA states. A total €3.6 million will be re-granted to doctoral students, researchers, educational institutions and organisations in Poland. Educational institutions in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway will be involved as project partners in four of the funds five measures. The three EEA EFTA countries are supporting the fund with €12 million, while Poland is covering the remaining ten percent of the fund's costs.
The fund will provide financial support for the following measures:
- Mobility projects to support student and staff exchanges between Poland and the EEA EFTA states;
- Language courses for the beneficiaries of mobility grants;
- Individual mobility grants for doctoral students and young researchers;
- Inter-institutional cooperation projects; and
- Capacity building for Polish higher education institutions to improve facilities for international cooperation. u0009
For the first four measures, partnerships between educational institutions in Poland and Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway are required.
Doctoral students, researchers, educational institutions and organisations can all submit their applications to fund manager, Foundation for the Development of the Education System, until 30 June 2008.
Further information about the fund and the application process is available in the open call text.