Vacancy: Senior Sector Officer, Civil Society
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to fill a vacancy for a Senior Sector Officer - Civil Society in the FMO’s Funds and Horizontal Concerns Unit within the Programmes Department.
The Senior Sector Officer for Civil Society will:
- contribute to improving and further developing the civil society support activities in the EEA and Norway Grants 2014-2021;
- be a Programme Manager for the Active Citizens Fund (ACF) in some beneficiary states, including:
- oversee programme development and implementation of those programmes,
- cooperate with Fund Operators in beneficiary states implementing the ACF on behalf of the FMO,
- use FMO information management systems for tracking and reporting on programme progress and results;
- maintain an overview and assess relevant developments within the civil society sector in donor states, beneficiary states and at the EU level;
- facilitate contacts and cooperation between donor states and beneficiary states;
- enhance the added value of the ACF and the visibility of the donor states contribution through contact with relevant European and national institutions, networks and stakeholders;
- identify relevant platforms and events to represent the Grants and exchange results, best practices and lessons learned; and
- fulfill administrative tasks in relation to the work.
The Senior Sector Officer for Civil Society is expected to work closely with the other sector officers for civil society and reports to the Head of Funds and Horizontal Concerns Unit. The position involves travel.
The position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and nationals of the member states of the European Union.
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for submission of application: 28 April 2019.
Please visit the EFTA job opportunities website to read the full announcement and further information about the job requirements and how to apply.