Vacancy: (Senior) Bilateral Officer
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate to fill a vacancy for a (Senior) Bilateral Officer in the FMO’s Funds and Horizontal Concerns Unit within the Programmes Department.
The (Senior) Bilateral Officer is expected to work closely with all teams in the FMO and reports to the Head of Funds and Horizontal Concerns Unit. In particular, the officer will:
- see that programmes contribute to achieving the EEA and Norway Grants’ objective of strengthening the bilateral relations between the three donor states and the fifteen beneficiary states;
- facilitate bilateral partnerships in programmes and projects;
- liaise with Donor State Ministries of Foreign Affairs;
- coordinate administration of framework agreements with more than 20 public entities acting as Donor Programme Partners, including follow-up of work plans, budgeting and reporting;
- maintain contacts with and provide guidance to relevant institutions and organisations in the Donor and Beneficiary States;
- provide guidance and support to colleagues internally in the FMO related to the Grants’ objective of strengthening bilateral relations;
- use FMO information management systems for tracking and reporting on programme progress and results of the bilateral cooperation to the Donors and other stakeholders;
- further develop reporting on bilateral results;
- improve and further develop the bilateral work in the EEA and Norway Grants;
- plan and carry out internal and external trainings;
- identity relevant platforms and events to represent the Grants, communicate opportunities and exchange results, best practices and lessons learned; and
- fulfill other administrative tasks.
The (Senior) Bilateral Officer will also coordinate the Grants’ Good Governance programme portfolio and may take on the responsibility as programme manager for a limited number of programmes. The position involves travel.
The position is open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for submission of application: 25 August 2019.
Visit the EFTA job opportunities website to read the full announcement and further information about the job requirements and how to apply.