Are you our next country officer?
The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) of the EEA and Norway Grants is looking for highly motivated and qualified candidates to fill two Country Officer vacancies.
The Country Officers serve as the primary contact point between the FMO, the National Focal Points (NFP) in their Beneficiary State(s) and the Donor States. They provides country coordination, maintain oversight of the implementation of the Grants, contribute to work on the bilateral objective of the Grants and follow the Beneficiary States’ political, social and economic developments. They are also expected to have analytical abilities and be able to contribute to cross-cutting analysis of developments across Beneficiary States.
Among other tasks, the Country Officers will:
- maintain oversight of the implementation of the Grants;
- follow the Beneficiary States' political, social and economic developments;
- provide country expertise both internally at the FMO and externally to the Donor States;
- work with Beneficiary State(s) and Donor States' actors to enhance bilateral relations;
- liaise closely with Donor States' embassies in the Beneficiary State(s);
- guide the NFPs on all questions related to the Grants;
- coordinate internal FMO work related to the Beneficiary State(s) under their responsibility;
- assess Beneficiary State(s) reporting and report to the Donor States and other stakeholders on results;
- prepare and follow-up on annual meetings between the Donor States and Beneficiary States;
- contribute to the implementation of the FMO's risk management strategy; and
- fulfill administrative tasks in relation to their work.
The Country Officers will report to the Head of the Country and Bilateral Cooperation Department. The position involves extensive travel.
Note that the position is only open to nationals of the EEA EFTA States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
Deadline for submission of application: 2 June 2019.
Please visit the EFTA job opportunities website to read the full announcement and further information about the job requirements and how to apply.