Environmental monitoring and integrated planning and control
Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway support programmes on environmental monitoring and integrated planning and control. The objective of these programmes is improved compliance with environmental legislation.
Various EU environmental strategies require increased monitoring. Sound monitoring, control and analysis, relies upon accurate and up-to-date data and information. There are also wide variations between EU countries in the implementation of environmental legislation, for example, in their control of industrial emissions.
Programmes in this area strengthen the capacity of environmental authorities to develop better quality information on environmental impact and trends. This help the beneficiary countries improve compliance with environmental legislation.
- Improved compliance with environmental legislation
- Strengthened capacity of environmental authorities on integrated planning and control
- Improved environmental information on impact, status and trends
- Increased exchange of information on environmental impact, status and trends between beneficiary countries and other EU member states
- Increased awareness of and education in environmental monitoring and integrated planning and control
Priorities, funded activities and eligibility criteria vary by programme.