Bilateral national fund - Hungary
About the fund
The national bilateral fund in Hungary aims to increase cooperation and strengthen relations between Hungary and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Key priorities include European fundamental values, gender equality and environment.
The funding from the bilateral national fund serves as a flexible source of financial support for initiatives from Hungary and donor country entities that can contribute to strengthening the bilateral relations. The funds are to be used strategically and can go beyond the programmes.
The overall objective of the fund is to strengthen bilateral relations between Hungary and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The aim is to increase the extent of cooperation between institutions and individuals, through formal partnerships and more ad hoc exchange and cooperation.
What are the priorities?
The national bilateral fund for Hungary has the following main priorities:
- European fundamental values
- Social welfare and gender equality
- Environment including renewable energy and climate adaptation
- Reinforcing bilateral elements of programmes
What is supported?
Under the above key priority areas following activities could be eligible for support:
- Participation at or organisation of a conference, a workshop or seminar, a training course, a study tour or other meetings
- Joint side events at international meetings and joint participation in international network organisations
- Technical cooperation and exchange of experts
- Secondments and internships
- Preparation of training materials
- Awareness-raising activities,
- Preparation and publication of studies or other materials (manuals, papers, etc.)
- Preparation and operation of a website or other online surfaces
Each activity has to include a strong publicity and disseminationelement.
Size of fund: €766,500
Fund operator: National Focal Point – National Development Agency Managing Authority for International Cooperation Programmes