Bilateral national fund - Slovenia
About the fund
In Slovenia, €134,500 has been set aside for the bilateral national fund. Among the focus areas for the fund, are cooperation in the health sector, and Slovenia’s and the EEA countries’ experiences with past and future European integration.
The funding from the bilateral national fund serves as a flexible source of financial support for initiatives from both Slovene and donor country entities that can contribute to strengthening the bilateral relations. The funds are to be used strategically and can go beyond the programmes.
What are the priorities?
- Cooperation in the field of health: Health inequalities and telemedicine;
- Cooperation in the field of gender equality; and
- Slovenia’s and the EEA countries’ experiences with past and future European integration.
What is supported?
The fund does not support projects. Rather, it supports various activities that will contribute to strengthening the bilateral relations between Slovenia and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Funded activities include organising and participating in seminars, workshops and conferences, as well as study visits to exchange good practice and experience.
Call for proposals
There are no calls for proposals under the national bilateral fund in Slovenia.
Supported activities - examples
- Study trip of the Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia to Norway to meet the project partners, the Norwegian Mapping Authority and the Icelandic Mapping Authority.
- Study visit to Norway by representatives of the former Slovene Office for Equal Opportunities.
- Field visit to key institutions in Norway in the field of public health and equal opportunities as part of the preparation of the programme proposal for the Norway Grants Programme.
- Attendance at an EEA Grants conference for the culture and heritage sectors in Oslo by the programme operator and the Slovene Ministry of Culture.
- Attendance at the kick-off conference for the environmental programmes under the EEA Grants in Oslo by the programme operator and Slovene Ministry of Environment.
Fund operator: Ministry of Economic Development and Technology
Size of fund: €134.500