Strengthening bilateral cooperation with Romania
Funding is available for enhanced cooperation between Romania and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Entities from Romania and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway can now apply for funding from the Romanian fund for bilateral relations.
Together with reducing social and economic disparities, strengthening bilateral relations between Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and the 16 beneficiary countries is the main objective of the Grants. To that end, 0.5% of the total allocation for each country is set aside for a bilateral national fund for activities of bilateral interest.
The current call for proposals support initiatives such as conferences, workshops, study tours and information activities, as well as preparatory activities related to the programmes. The total budget for this call is €736 000.
What is supported?
For the current call for proposals, the following areas are supported:
- Justice and Home Affairs, judicial capacity building and Schengen cooperation
- Cultural cooperation, cultural diversity, heritage and cultural exchange
- Children and youth at risk
- General and horizontal priorities
Who can apply for funding?
Both Romanian entities and entities from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are eligible for support from the bilateral fund at national level in Romania. This means:
- Programme Operators; the National Focal Point and other national institutions playing important role in establishment or implementation of a particular programme included in the Memoranda of Understanding
- Donor programme partners and project partners
- The donor states embassies in Romania and the embassies of Romania in the donor states
- Public institutions, national or international public authorities, local, regional or central public authorities
- Governmental agencies
- Educational institutions and research institutes, and
- Non-governmental organisations, associations, foundations, unions, professional associations, employers' associations activating in the field of the above-mentioned priority areas
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is 31 October 2014 or until the funds are exhausted.