Maximising Portugal’s geothermal potential
Actors working in the field of geothermal energy in Portugal can now apply for funding from the Grants.
The Portuguese ‘Renewable energy’ programme contributes to Portugal’s commitment to implement common EU strategies and legislation on renewable energy. To this aim, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway have made €4 million available through the Portuguese ‘Renewable energy’ programme.
A call for proposal is now open under this programme. The call supports the improvement of geothermal energy solutions at regional level in Portugal. Eligible activities would be:
- Participation in short professional courses on exploration and exploitation of high enthalpy geothermal energy sources offered by United Nations University, Iceland, held in Ponta Delgada, São Miguel Island, Azores;
- Participation in United Nationals University’s postgraduate programmes on high enthalpy geothermal energy training programme in Iceland, and;
- Participation in six months courses and short courses on the utilisation and sustainability of enthalpy geothermal energy.
The minimum amount is €12 750. The maximum amount is €75 000.
Who can apply?
- Industrial companies established in Portugal exploiting geothermal resources for power production;
- The Azores University (only for short professional courses held in Ponta Delgada, São Miguel Island, Azores), and;
- Professionals in high enthalpy geothermal energy utilisation
The National Energy Authority of Iceland operates as donor programme partner.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is 31 March 2014.