Helping victims of domestic and gender-based violence
A call for proposals is open for the protection of Romanian victims of domestic and gender-based violence, including Roma and other vulnerable groups.
Domestic and gender-based violence remain grave challenges in Romania, despite increasing attention being paid to the issues. There is an urgent need to improve support for victims. To this aim, €2 276 892 has been allocated under this call for proposals under the Romanian ‘Domestic and gender-based violence’ programme. Of this amount, €1 935 358.15 is provided by Norway, while €341 533.85 is provided by Romanian national co-financing. The target groups are victims of domestic violence, including Roma and other vulnerable groups.
What is supported?
The project should focus on one of the following priorities:
- Creating and improving the necessary framework for providing effective and consistent support services to victims of domestic violence;
- Raising awareness and sensitising the general population, including actions at local level with regard to the negative effects of domestic violence, and;
- Training activities for the professionals working in the field of domestic violence.
Who can apply?
Following entities can apply for funding:
- Romanian national and local institutions;
- Non-commercial and/or NGOs in partnership with Romanian public institutions, and;
- Inter-governmental organisations operating in Romania.
Cooperation with Norwegian partners is encouraged. If the project is deemed to enhance bilateral cooperation between Romania and Norway, additional funding up until 10% may be provided. The Norwegian National Police Directorate participates as donor programme partner.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline is 16 April 2014.