Giving women a chance in the Czech Republic
Funding is now available for actors working in the field of gender equality in the Czech Republic.
The Let’s Give (Wo)men a Chance programme, funded by the Norway Grants and operated by the Open Society Fund Prague, sets aside more than €6 million for activities focusing on equality of opportunities and prevention of domestic violence. The programme builds on the significant steps that the Czech Republic has already taken in tackling these issues.
Who can apply for funding?
Among the entities eligible for funding are the following:
- Non-governmental organisations
- Research and academic institutions
- Private enterprises
- Public entities
- Religious organisations
What activities are supported?
The following activities are among those supported:
- Introducing flexible working schemes for parents of preschool children
- Introducing flexible working schemes for Roma women and men that are parents of children of age 0–6
- Establishing and developing child-care services for the age group 0–6 years;
- Advocacy activities leading to the enforcement of relevant documents into the real operation and decision-making of public administrations
All applicants are encouraged to find a Norwegian project partner. For more information about bilateral cooperation, click here.
When is the application deadline?
Applications must be submitted by March 14 2014