Strengthening bilateral cooperation with Romania
The Romanian fund for bilateral relations is now accepting applications.
Entities from Romania and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway can now apply for funding from the Romanian fund for bilateral relations.
Together with reducing social and economic disparities, strengthening bilateral relations between Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and the 15 beneficiary countries is the main objective of the Grants. To that end, 0.5% of the total allocation for each country is set aside for a bilateral national fund for activities of bilateral interest.
In Romania, the national bilateral fund amounts to approximately €1.5 million and is meant to finance initiatives such as conferences, workshops, study tours and information activities, as well as preparatory activities related to the programmes.
What is supported?
For the current call for proposals, the following areas are supported:
- Human rights, democracy, good governance and rule of law, specific priority is given to the situation of the Roma minority.
- Justice and home affairs, judicial capacity and Schengen cooperation
- Children and youth at risk
Who can apply for funding?
Both Romanian and donor state entities are eligible for support from the bilateral fund at national level in Romania. This means:
- Programme Operators; the National Focal Point and other national institutions playing important role in establishment or implementation of a particular programme included in the Memoranda of Understanding
- Donor Programme Partners and project partners
- The donor states embassies in Romania and the embassies of Romania in the donor states
- Other national or international public or non-commercial bodies responsible for particular themes of interest within the priority areas
- As the fund does not finance commercially oriented activities or larger projects, but rather events and shorter initiatives, private commercial entities are encouraged to apply through associations such as the professional or employers association.
When is the application deadline?
Applications for funding are accepted until March 31 2014 or up until fund are depleted.