Funding for actions against hate speech in Hungary
Hungarian NGOs can now apply for funding for small projects, campaigns and actions on human rights, rights of minorities, combating hate speech and racism, social inclusion, multicultural understanding and gender equality.
The aim of the call is to support short campaigns, one-time movements, social or/and joint actions. The actions must address one or several of the following areas:
- human rights and the rights of minorities (based on ethnic, religious, linguistic and sexual orientation), equal opportunities;
- combating racism and xenophobia, homophobia, anti-Semitism, extremism;
- tolerance, multicultural understanding and social inclusion instead of discrimination and exclusion;
- understanding, mitigation and solution of problems arising from poverty and inequalities (with special attention to the situation of Roma);
- promoting gender equality, combating inequalities, gender-based and domestic violence and trafficking.
Any action and campaign idea that aims to raise awareness about problems occurring in the above-described areas and takes action to solve them in order to change or improve the present situation is welcome. Preference is given to initiatives relying on diverse methods, including modern online tools or any other innovative, creative solutions which can be demonstrated to be effective.
An important goal of the NGO Fund is to strengthen and develop bilateral partnerships with organisations from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. If a project proposal includes bilateral/international partnership the maximum eligible grant amount can be increased by maximum10%. The additional funding may only be used to cover the direct costs of international cooperation.
Applications can be submitted continuously until 31 December 2014 or until the budget is exhausted.
For more information and details about the call, visit the website of the fund operator.
Other ongoing funding opportunities under the Hungarian NGO programme