Call for proposals: Educational cooperation with Romania
A call is now open for projects contributing to strengthen cooperation and increase the exchange of students and staff in higher education between Romania and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Education and training are at the core of the European strategies for economic and social development. International cooperation is an important element in efforts to improve the quality and relevance of the education offered at Romanian higher education institutions. Through the EEA and Norway Grants, the donors make available €4 million to the scholarship programme in Romania.
The programme will contribute to:
• Increase mobility for higher education student and staff between Romania and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. At least 336 higher education students and 120 staff will take part in exchange between Romania and the donor states
• Improve academic cooperation between higher education institutions in Romania and the donor states. Ten cooperation projects between higher education institutions in Romania and the donor states are expected.
• Strengthen the competence of students, academic, research and administrative staff in Romanian higher education institutions through cooperation and mobility exchange
Mobility and cooperation
The first call under this programme will make available €1 185 000 in grants for mobility projects for students and staff as well as strengthened institutional cooperation at all levels of the education sector (school education, higher education, vocational training/education and adult education). Preparatory visits may also be funded.
Social sustainability issues, in particular initiatives that help combat discrimination and intolerance and initiatives that will improve the situation for the Roma population will be encouraged under the programme through additional priority points allocated to applicants addressing these issues (for more details, see Guidelines for applicants)
- Find out everything you need about these calls including the different deadline for the different components here.
- Read more about the scholarship programme in Romania.