Grants available for regional and cross-border projects in Euroregion Niemen
A total €1.1 million is now available for entities from Warminsko-Mazurskie or Podlaskie regions for bilateral and multilateral projects in the Euroregion Niemen, comprising the border areas of Belarus, Lithuania, Poland and Russia (Kaliningrad). The application deadline is 24 June.
Polish entities from the Warminsko-Mazurskie or Podlaskie regions may now apply for funding to implement projects in Euroregien Niemen in cooperation with one or several national or international partners.
The call is part of the Norway Grants-financed programme ‘Fund for Support of Local, Interregional and Cross Border Initiatives in Euroregion Niemen’.
Grants in the range of €5,000 to €50,000 are available for projects managed by public authorities, civil society organisations, businesses, cultural and educational institutions and national and regional parks. A complete overview of eligible entities is available in the open call text.
Projects may be supported within the following areas:
- Building permanent institutional partnerships on the basis of exchange of information and experiences;
- Stimulation of initiatives of local communities in the areas of health protection, culture and cultural heritage, sport, enterprise development, education and environmental protection;
- Ensuring development of communication and exchange of information;
- Cooperation in cross-border ecologic tourism in the developing regions;
- Promotion of regional and local development in Poland through knowledge transfer from better developed regions to those less developed; and
- Increasing the competences of government employees, personnel of municipal and non-governmental organisations in the EEA countries.
The maximum project duration is 6 months; there is no minimum duration. The programme will finance up to 85% of the project costs.
Project proposals can be submitted to the programme intermediary The Association Euroregion Niemen until 24 June.