FMO is recruiting Senior Legal Officer(s)
The FMO is recruiting Senior Legal Officer(s) to its team working on the 2009-14 funding period. He/she will provide legal support in relation to the preparation and revision of grant agreements with the beneficiary states, and the implementation of programmes.
The Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) is the Brussels-based secretariat of the EEA and Norway Grants and reports to the foreign ministries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The successful applicant will be part of FMO’s team for the 2009-2014 Financial Mechanisms and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. She/he will provide legal support in relation to the preparation and revision of MoUs with the beneficiary states, and preparation and implementation of programmes. This includes support to colleagues at the FMO, to the donor states and to stakeholders in the beneficiary states.
Specific tasks will be to provide advice in the preparation and follow-up of programmes, review programme proposals to ensure that these are in line with the established legal framework, and prepare grant agreements. Additional tasks include explaining, and revising the regulatory framework of the grant schemes, and ensuring contracting of services procured by the FMO.
The successful applicant must be willing to take on other tasks as needed. She/he will report to the FMO's Head of the EEA and Norway Grants 2009-14.
* Master degree in law;
* Advanced degree, particularly EU law, would be an advantage.
* 7-10 years of relevant work experience, in particular related to EU funding, international finance programmes, project finance, trans-national contracts and EU-relevant legislation;
* Experience in legal aspects of programme management;
* Work experience within any of the EU funds or a sound knowledge of and experience from the new EU member states would be a distinct advantage;
* Experience in programme monitoring and/or implementation is desirable.
* Excellent analytical skills. Good eye for creative solutions to legal or policy challenges;
* Ability to draft and review legal texts and opinions concisely and swiftly in the English language;
* Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, including a dynamic and flexible attitude, cultural sensitivity, and presentation skills;
* Excellent diplomatic skills and ability to work effectively with people with diverse cultural backgrounds;
* Self-reliance and autonomy, good organisational skills, and facility for teamwork in a task-oriented environment;
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle several diverse tasks at the same time;
* Experience in working with Office XP applications.
* Fluency in written and spoken English;
* Knowledge of other EFTA/EU languages would be an asset.
Annual salary: EUR 94,493
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the grade. The Director of the FMO reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the FMO wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Open to nationals of all EFTA and EU member states.
We offer a very interesting and challenging position in a dynamic and diverse environment and the opportunity to work in a team of highly qualified people. We also offer favourable tax conditions and attractive social benefits.
For further information about this post, please contact the Head of the EEA and Norway Grants 2009-2014 at the FMO, Kristin Sverdrup at +32 (0)2 211 18 28, e-mail email@example.com.
Deadline for submission of application: 22 February 2011