Scholarships available now in Slovakia - EEA Grants Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2008 Scholarships available now in Slovakia

Scholarships available now in Slovakia

Slovak secondary schools and universities can now apply for more than €710,000 in grants to boost cooperation with educational institutions in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through exchanges of staff and students.

The €1.6 million Slovak scholarship fund launched its second open call on 1 October. The core aim underpinning the fund, set up under the EEA and Norway Grants, is to strengthen cooperation between students, lecturers and experts of Slovak secondary schools and higher education institutions and their Norwegian, Icelandic and Liechtenstein counterparts.

Slovak educational institutions can submit applications to fund manager Slovak Academic Information Agency (SAIA) until 8 January 2009. All applicants need to have at least one cooperating educational institution from Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway.

To be selected for financing, the applicants need to demonstrate that the proposed project will contribute to establishing or enhancing cooperation between students, teachers or researchers from the participating countries. Grants will be awarded to a vast array of educational measures, from support to study and work experiences abroad, language courses, to student seminars and professional conferences. Details on eligible applicants, activities and costs are available in the open call text.

Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway finance 85% of the Slovak scholarship fund, while Slovakia contributes the remaining 15% of the fund's costs.