Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2008 Open call for cooperation projects across the Hungarian-Ukrainian border

Open call for cooperation projects across the Hungarian-Ukrainian border

A Hungarian cross-border programme has made available €2.4 million to non-profit organisations in the Hungarian-Ukraine border region with support from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

The programme ‘Development of cross-border co-operation at the Hungarian-Ukrainian border' is expected to foster comprehensive cooperation between non profit organisations in the border area. On 6 June 2008, the fund launched its one and only call for joint project proposals by organisations from both sides of the frontier. Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are supporting the fund with an 85 percent grant, and Hungary is covering the remaining 15 percent of the fund's costs.

Grants in the range of €11,000 to €114,000 (HUF 2,750,000 - 27,500,000) will be awarded to support activities that contribute to sustainable economic, social and environmental development in the border region. Projects can be developed within the following four priority areas:

  • Promotion of sustainable economic development;
  • Human resource development, education and cooperation in the field of culture and innovation;
  • Protection of the environment and nature; and
  • Local infrastructure development.

Projects need to be developed in collaboration between a lead Hungarian applicant and at least one project partner from Ukraine. Eligible applicants are non profit organisations in the Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County in Hungary and the Sub-Carpathia region in Ukraine.

Proposals can be submitted to fund manager VÁTI Public Nonprofit Company until 5 September 2008. For further details see the open call text.