Call for NGO projects in Slovenia - EEA Grants Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2008 Call for NGO projects in Slovenia

Call for NGO projects in Slovenia

The second and final tranche of funding under the €1.8 million NGO Fund in Slovenia was made available on 11 July to Slovene NGO applicants.

Close to €860,000 is available for NGO projects under the fund's second call. Project proposals can be submitted to fund manager Regional Environmental Centre for Central and Eastern Europe (REC) until 2 October 2008.

Small grants in the range of €10,000 to €50,000 will be awarded to support projects within the following thematic areas:

  • Protection of the environment and sustainable development;
  • Development of human resources, through promotion of democratic and civil society processes, including sub-projects on topics such as non-discrimination, anti-racism, advocacy, awareness raising, human rights, gender equality, rights-based approaches, empowerment, monitoring, reporting, etc.;
  • Cultural heritage conservation; and
  • Health and child care.

A similar amount of funding was made available in the fund's first open call this spring, which resulted in grants being awarded to 19 NGO projects. Project cooperation with a Norwegian, Icelandic or Liechtensteiner counterpart is encouraged under the fund, and eight of the selected projects this spring have bilateral partners onboard. Seven of the NGO projects now receiving support have Norwegian partners onboard, and one Slovene NGO is collaborating with an Icelandic counterpart. Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway support the NGO Fund with 85% of the fund's costs, with Slovenia providing the remaining 15%.

  • To read more about the open call, click here.
  • To read about the 19 projects selected in the spring call, click here.