Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2007 Slovakia launches 1.6 million scholarship fund

Slovakia launches 1.6 million scholarship fund

On 14 December 2007 the first of a total two open calls under the Slovak scholarship fund was launched, making €725,000 available to Slovak students, lectures and teachers.

The scholarship fund will provide small-scale grants to students, lectures and teachers in Slovak secondary education institutions and universities.
Grants will be awarded to support study and work experiences abroad, language courses, scientific publications and professional conferences. Further information on eligible activities is available in the open call text. Applications can be submitted to the fund's manager, the Slovak Academic Information Agency (SAIA), until end-March 2008.

An overarching aim of the EEA Grants is to enhance the cooperation between Slovakia and the three donor states Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The Slovak scholarship fund has a prime focus on strengthening ties between educational institutions in Slovakia and the three donor states. Slovakia is contributing with 15% of the €1.6 million fund, while Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway cover the remaining 85% of the fund's costs.