Fund for environmental NGOs launches call in Hungary - EEA Grants Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2007 Fund for environmental NGOs launches call in Hungary

Fund for environmental NGOs launches call in Hungary

On 4 December €1.1 million in green NGO Funding was made available in Hungary to enable environmental NGOs to actively participate in public life and environmental decision-making processes.

The NGO Fund earmarked Hungarian environmental NGOs is supported with an 85 percent grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, with the Hungarian Ministry of Environment and Water, managing the fund, contributing with the remaining 15 percent of the fund's cost.
The open call for NGO projects was launched on 4 December, and NGOs can submit their applications for project funding to the Ministry of Environment and Water until 17 January 2008.
Grants ranging from €10,000 to €250,000 will be awarded to support activities linked to the implementation of the 2nd National Environmental Program, EU and national environmental law aimed at promotion of sustainable development, strengthening of social participation in environmental decision-making process, shaping environmental friendly consumer patterns and raising environmental awareness.
Details on eligible applicants, activities and the procedure for applying are available in the open call text.