‘Library as a Meeting Place for Many Cultures’
During 23 - 25 September 2014 Polish librarians will visit Norwegian colleagues at the Multilingual Library in Oslo, Hordaland County Library and Bergen Public Library as part of the project 'Libraries as a Meeting Place for Many Cultures'.
The project aims to develop a model of a library integrating a diverse local community by enabling librarians with the necessary knowledge and skills for organising multicultural activities together with minority representatives. Representatives for Norwegian libraries will visit Polish libraries at the following dates in October and November:
- 1-3 October 2014 (Goldap County Partnership)
- 7-9 October 2014 (Gorlice County Partnership)
- 14-16 October 2014 (Opole County Partnership)
- 27-29 October 2014 (Bartoszyce County Partnership)
- 4-6 November 2014 (Olsztyn County Partnership)
The project is co-funded by Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein through the Polish 'Promotion of Diversity in Culture and Arts within European Cultural Heritage' programme.