Key areas of support
- Improving mental health services and reducing health inequalities
- Protecting biodiversity, improving environmental monitoring and control and reducing vulnerability to climate change
- Enhancing research-based knowledge development through increased research cooperation between Norway and the Czech Republic
- Strengthening civil society
- Promoting gender equality
- Revitialising important European cultural and natural heritage
|Total allocation:||€131.8 M||Total allocation:||€110.9 M|
|EEA Grants:||€61.4 M||EEA Grants:||€48.5 M|
|Norway Grants:||€70.4 M||Norway Grants:||€62.4 M|
Are you interested in funding and partnership opportunities in the Czech Republic? Project partnerships between entities in the Czech Republic and in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are encouraged.
Map and facts
|GDP per capita in PPS (EU=100)||80||100|
|Economic growth (% change on previous year)||-0.9||0.1|
|Public debt (% of GDP)||46.0||87.1|
|Human development index||15 (EU-28 ranking)|
|Corruption perception index||22 (EU-28 ranking)|
|Inequality of income distribution||3.4||5.1|
Sources: Eurostat, UNDP, Transparency International. All data is from 2013. Last updated in September 2014.
Distribution of funding 2009-14
ProjectsSee all projects
Click on the programme names below for key facts about each and read why the programme is needed, what it will achieve and how, and partnership opportunities. For details on the application process and eligibility, consult the programme operator websites accessible via the below pages.
News, results and projects
Civil society organisations across Europe wish to be heard and gain more influence over decision-making processes at local, national and EU levels. With support from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, they now have a plan for reaching their goal.
A call for bids for a review of the Norway Grants funding to Decent work and Tripartite dialogue is now open.
Our NGO programmes have increased the capacity of civil society in Central and Southern Europe and helped to mobilise citizens to voice their concerns and actively engage with governments.