Key areas of support
- Improving mental health services and reducing health inequalities
- Protecting biodiversity, improving environmental monitoring and control and reducing vulnerability to climate change
- Enhancing research-based knowledge development through increased research cooperation between Norway and the Czech Republic
- Strengthening civil society
- Promoting gender equality
- Revitialising important European cultural and natural heritage
|Total allocation:||€131.8 M||Total allocation:||€110.9 M|
|EEA Grants:||€61.4 M||EEA Grants:||€48.5 M|
|Norway Grants:||€70.4 M||Norway Grants:||€62.4 M|
Are you interested in funding and partnership opportunities in the Czech Republic? Project partnerships between entities in the Czech Republic and in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are encouraged.
Map and facts
|GDP per capita in PPS (EU=100)||79||100|
|Economic growth (% change on previous year)||-1.1||-0.3|
|Public debt (% of GDP)*||41.2||82.5|
|Human development index||15 (EU-27 ranking)|
|Corruption perception index||21 (EU-27 ranking)|
|Inequality of income distribution*||3.5||5.1|
Sources: Eurostat, UNDP, Transparency International. All data is from 2012 except where * indicates 2011
Distribution of funding 2009-14
ProjectsSee all projects
Click on the programme names below for key facts about each and read why the programme is needed, what it will achieve and how, and partnership opportunities. For details on the application process and eligibility, consult the programme operator websites accessible via the below pages.
News, results and projects
The amended versions of the EEA and Norway Grants Regulations and Annexes 1, 3 and 12 are now available on our website. The changes take into account key priorities of the Grants, such as enhanced cooperation with international organisations.
Funding is now available for preparatory visits between educational institutions in the Czech Republic and the donor countries – Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway support the Campaign against racism and hate violence.