Key areas of support
- Improving mental health services and reducing health inequalities
- Protecting biodiversity, improving environmental monitoring and control and reducing vulnerability to climate change
- Enhancing research-based knowledge development through increased research cooperation between Norway and the Czech Republic
- Strengthening civil society
- Promoting gender equality
- Revitialising important European cultural and natural heritage
|Total allocation:||€131.8 M||Total allocation:||€110.9 M|
|EEA Grants:||€61.4 M||EEA Grants:||€48.5 M|
|Norway Grants:||€70.4 M||Norway Grants:||€62.4 M|
Are you interested in funding and partnership opportunities in the Czech Republic? Project partnerships between entities in the Czech Republic and in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are encouraged.
Map and facts
|GDP per capita in PPS (EU=100)||80||100|
|Economic growth (% change on previous year)||-0.9||0.1|
|Public debt (% of GDP)||46.0||87.1|
|Human development index||15 (EU-28 ranking)|
|Corruption perception index||22 (EU-28 ranking)|
|Inequality of income distribution||3.4||5.1|
Sources: Eurostat, UNDP, Transparency International. All data is from 2013. Last updated in September 2014.
Distribution of funding 2009-14
ProjectsSee all projects
Click on the programme names below for key facts about each and read why the programme is needed, what it will achieve and how, and partnership opportunities. For details on the application process and eligibility, consult the programme operator websites accessible via the below pages.
News, results and projects
A call for bids for a mid-term evaluation of the EEA and Norway Grants support to strengthened bilateral relations is now open.
Supported by Norway, projects to explore the use of carbon capture and storage technology in the Czech Republic as well as raise awareness on how CCS can be used for climate change mitigation are getting underway.