Bilateral national fund - Czech Republic
About the fund
The fund is established to strengthen the bilateral relations between the Czech Republic and the donor countries within the programme areas of the EEA and Norway Grants. The fund supports activities such as seminars and study trips focusing among others on cultural heritage, public health, research and strengthening of democratic values.
The funding from the bilateral national fund serves as a flexible source of financial support for initiatives from both Czech and donor country entities. The funds are to be used strategically and can go beyond the programmes with respecting the overall focuses of the EEA and Norway Grants 2009 – 2014.
What are the priorities?
The support from the fund is building mainly on where cooperation already exists and is following the programme areas in the Czech Republic, mainly focused on environment, high-risk groups such as children and youth and socially less included groups as well as equal opportunities, culture, scholarships and research, public health and judicial cooperation.
Specific areas of common interest agreed between the Czech National Focal Point and the donor states are cultural heritage, public health, science and research and strengthening of democratic values.
What is supported?
The fund is not supporting projects. Relevant activities include organising seminars, workshops and conferences, arranging study trips for Czech experts to the donor countries and vice versa. Half of the fund will be used for predefined activities agreed with the donor countries. The remaining 50 per cent will be subjected to open calls.
Who can apply?
The following entities from the Czech Republic and donor countries, including the Council of Europe, can apply for funding from the fund:
- Programme operators (including their partners from the line ministries)
- Applicants and partners of pre-defined projects from donor states (in the project preparation period)
- Other entities competent in supported programme areas
If the applicant is an institution from a donor state, it must cooperate with an entity from theCzechRepublic.
Supported activities include
- Children and Youth at risk seminar (6-8 June 2012, Prague). Organised in cooperation with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
- Information conference and contact seminar of the Scholarship Programme (27-29 June 2012)
- 1st working group meeting of Bilateral Fund at National Level (1 October 2012, Prague)
- 2nd working group meeting of Bilateral Fund at National Level (16 January 2013, Prague)
- Participation on 57th meeting of Commission UN on the Status of Women and organizing a common side-event on "Experiences with the implementation of the action plan for prevention of domestic and gender-based violence: the exchange of good practice" (4-7 March 2013,New York)
- European conference on anti-corruption in the Czech Republic in 2015 (20-21 October 2015, Prague)
National Focal Point: Ministry of Finance, International Relations Department, Czech Republic
Size of fund: €889,000
Funds can be used: 18 June 2011 until 31 March 2016