Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2012 Hungarian equal opportunities fund

Hu0029 illustration.jpg

Hungarian equal opportunities fund

  • A €2.4 million fund has provided financing to ensure disabled access to buildings hosting social services and child protection institutions, making public services literally accessible for all.

    Alterations or refurbishments of buildings have been supported through 57 projects under the equal opportunities fund, of which Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway finance 85% of the costs. The national fund manager, the Public Foundation for the Equal Opportunities of People with Disabilities (Fogyatékosok Esélye Közalapítvány) covers the remaining 15% of the fund’s costs.

    Two calls for project proposals were held for organisations that own or maintain public buildings providing social care and childcare. Buildings are now being reconstructed and special equipment have been purchased to improve the buildings’ accessibility for a wide group of disabled people, such as people in wheelchairs, the blind and partially sighted, deaf and hard of hearing as well as people with other physical and mental disabilities.

     Photo: Wikimedia Commons

  • Country:

    Hungary


    Project title:

    Equalisation of Opportunities of Access for Disabled Persons in the Social Sector

    Case number:

    HU0029

    Priority sector:

    Health and childcare

    Status:

    Concluded

    Type & project assistance:

    Block Grant - Other

    Project duration:

    20 months

    Project cost:

    € 2,357,918

    Grant rate:

    85%

    Grant agreement date:

    22 February 2008

    The purpose of the Block Grant is to improve the access of disabled people to buildings hosting social services and child protection institutions, with the overall objective of promoting equal opportunities and social integration of people with disabilities. Reference is made to the application, dated 31 March 2006 and to FP correspondence dated 22 June and 9 July 2007.



    The completed Block Grant shall include the following activities and results:

    - grants to sub-projects promoters;

    - management of the Block Grant.



    The Intermediary is the Fogyatékosok Esélye Közalapítvány (Public Foundation for the Equal Opportunities of People with Disabilities).



    The Focal Point shall ensure that the Intermediary provides at least 15 percent of the estimated eligible costs.