Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2012 Fund for environmental NGOs

HU0010 illustration picture.jpg

Fund for environmental NGOs

  • In Hungary, €1 million has been earmarked for projects by environmental NGOs to strengthen their participation in public life and environmental decision-making processes.

    The green NGO Fund is supported with an 85% grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, with the Hungarian Ministry of Environment and Water, managing the fund, contributing with the remaining 15 % of the fund's cost.

    Grants ranging from €10,000 to €250,000 have been awarded to 54 projects within the focus areas of education, protection of the environment and promotion of sustainable development.

    The supported activities are linked to either the implementation of the 2nd National Environmental Program, EU and national environmental law aimed at promotion of sustainable development, strengthening of social participation in environmental decision-making process, shaping environmental friendly consumer patterns or raising environmental awareness.

     

     

     

  • Country:

    Hungary


    Project title:

    Re-granting programme benefiting Hungarian environmental NGO projects in order to improve the implementation of the 2nd National Environmental Program

    Case number:

    HU0010

    Priority sector:

    NGO funds

    Status:

    Concluded

    Type & project assistance:

    Block grant

    Project duration:

    37 months

    Project cost:

    € 1,176,470

    Grant rate:

    85%

    Grant agreement date:

    07 May 2007

    The purpose of the Project is to increase engagement of NGOs in environmental decision-making processes with particular emphasis on involvement in the implementation of the 2nd National Environmental Programme, EU and national legislation, with the overall objective of strengthening and further developing the Hungarian environmental NGO movement toward its sustainability. Reference is made to the application dated 24 May 2006, and the subsequent correspondence from the Focal Point dated 25 July 2006 and 3 November 2006.



    The completed Project shall include the following activities:

    - to make grants to projects (maximum 100) submitted by environmental NGOs aiming at strengthening their institutional capacity and improving public participation in environmental decision-making processes.



    The completed Project shall include the following results:

    - Sub-projects improving participation of NGOs in environmental decision-making processes;

    - Sub-projects strengthening institutional capacity of NGOs.



    The costs related to the management of the Fund (including action related to the application process, the evaluation of applications, as well as the monitoring of sub-projects and reporting) may be covered from the Grant, but will be limited to a maximum 8.5% of the total eligible project costs € 1,176,470.



    The Intermediary is the Ministry of Environment and Water.



    The Ministry of Environment and Water shall provide at least 15 percent of the estimated eligible project cost.