Jump to navigation Jump to content

Frontpage News 2012 Cross-border and inter-regional programme

PL0220.jpg

Polish cross-border and inter-regional programme

  • Poland's €2 million cross-border and inter-regional fund supports 79 projects in the Warmia-Mazury and Pomorskie regions.

    Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are supporting the fund with 98%, with the Association of the Polish Communes Euroregion Baltic providing the remaining 2%.

    The overall goal of the fund is to strengthen cross-border and inter-regional cooperation and socio-economic development in the Pomorskie and Warmia-Mazury regions in the northern and north-eastern parts of Poland through transfer of knowledge from more developed regions. Through three open calls, grants were awarded to 79 projects focusing on cooperation between the two regions and the EEA and EFTA countries, the Baltic Sea area countries and the countries neighbouring eastern Poland.

    Photo: The City of Malbork

  • Country:

    Poland


    Project title:

    Cross-border and Inter-regional Small Grant Fund

    Case number:

    PL0220

    Priority sector:

    Regional policy and cross-border activities

    Status:

    Concluded

    Type & project assistance:

    Programme (group of projects)

    Project duration:

    31 months

    Project cost:

    € 2,049,479

    Grant rate:

    98%

    Grant agreement date:

    27 November 2008

    The purpose of the Fund is the support of cross-border multilateral and bilateral partnership projects in the Euroregion Baltic , with the overall objective of strengthening cross-border and inter-regional co-operation in socio-economic development of Warmia-Mazury and Pomorskie regions. Reference is made to the application, dated 8 August 2007 and any subsequent correspondence with the Focal Point.



    The completed Programme shall include the following activities and results:

    - Re-granting towards selected sub-projects to promote cross-border cooperation. Cross border activities will focus on cooperations of Warmia-Mazury and Pomorskie regions with EEA and EFTA countries, Baltic Sea area countries and countries neighbouring Poland in the East (Ukraine, Belarus, Kaliningrad District of Russian Federation).

    - Fund management including publicity.



    The Intermediary is the Association of the Polish Communes Euroregion Baltic.



    The Focal Point shall ensure that the Intermediary will provide at least 1.82 percent of the estimated eligible costs of the Fund.

    The grant rate requirements under the Financial Mechanisms shall be applied on sub-project level.